Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ANTHROPOLOGISTS!!

I haven't finished my reading and i don't think i will...
I read through it and i daresay, i don't understand a word!!!! *sigh*

Anthropologists!!! Why can't they be more simple?? Why can't they write short and concise sentences rather than going on and on like a train travelling a hundred miles an hour just to convey one little TEENY WEENY point that can just be rewritten clearly into a short, neat and beautiful sentence??!!!!!

*sighs*

Reading it just gives me the headaches... seriously!!(-.-) Maybe that's why they're called anthropologists! Oh well, i guess i'll just go for my tute tomorrow and act like "i-tried-reading-but-never-understood-a-word" person. I'm sure the tutor would be "delighted" to have me. At least i tried.... *sighs*.

Kay.... enough of my complaints!

Auntie Marilyn shared a verse with me (through eelin) cause the bus which took me home on Sunday evening from church was late. I couldn't attend BS at hosanna... So, yah.. Anyway, it goes:


" You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
Psalms 32: 7,8


This verse is in line with what i've learnt over the week. I'm sure it was God's doing and i praise Him for His faithfulness!!

Another verse popped into my head a few seconds ago..


" Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."


Sometimes, i forget how faithful He has been to me. When i look back through the chapters of my life, i realise that... there was only 1pair of footsteps in the sand at many instances in my life & those definitely...belonged to my Father. How could i be so unfaithful as to not trust wholly in Him and stop worrying?


I guess we're all humans and all of us do make mistakes. I, for one did. I forgot to give Him my whole trust. It is also written in the bible that... if He, our Father in Heaven can clothe the flowers and feed the ravens, how much more will He provide for us, His beloved children and heirs. So, why should we worry?


" All things work out for the good of those who love Him."


I'm putting my life at his altar and i know there's nothing to worry about! =)
As stated in Psalms 32: 7& 8, He will instruct and teach in the way i should go and He will counsel me and watch over me. And if i trust in Him, He in all his splendour will make my paths straight according to His perfect will. He'll do the same for you too! =)


He will never be able to straighten our paths if we don't let Him.


TRUST= Putting everything in His hands and LETTING Him take hold of what is OURS, making it HIS.


I think i'm becoming super duper duper long winded la....
Anyway, you get what i mean la...
Trust in Him..
Know that He is God..
Our provider, strength, refuge and most importantly FATHER.


3 comments:

Lin said...

hmmm~ very encouraging! =)

Anonymous said...

1st they are anthropologists..hehe and they get early dementia. tust me, i know.

2nd love love love your verses. ur post always is encouraging to me. even my mom says so, coz she reads ur blog!

esther said...

thanks lin!*hugs*

thanks gen!! Yeah... worst case of dementia ever known! Muahahhah! *shhhh*
I'm glad that it can be a blessing to u... your posts encourages me too and makes me laugh when i'm down!*muahh*

ur mom reads my blog..? *blush* aiyooo..hehe