Friday, July 13, 2007

Footsteps in the Sand

This is a record breaker... This is the 3rd time i'm posting in the last 12hours (that doesn't even count as a day)!! =)

This ever-changing weather has finally taken its toll on me... I have DEFINITELY & INEVITABLY caught "THE" flu <>. In other words, i'm SICK la!! My head's throbbing like a train just ran over it BUT (yeah....there's a BUT) BUT, i can't sleep. Yes, you heard me right... i can't sleep. You can sing a thousand lullabys or make me count a gazillion sheep & i still wouldn't be able to sleep! It's like trying to shut down your freaking computer but it just gets STUCK; and no matter how many times you try, it just NEVER budges!

I guess i'm kind of emo right now... I've been trying to keep myself cheery and just when i think that i'm on the midst of succeeding, i fail. It's good to feel sad sometimes, to cry and let out all those pent-up feelings. After 2weeks, i shed tears AT LAST. I was too numb... too numb. At least, now i feel more human.

Pastor Steve kelly preached last Sunday about the power of our words and also about strengthening our FAITH. Faith is the foundation of a lasting relationship with God. It surpasses all humane worries and agitations. Having faith that God will straighten things out means that we put out trust wholly in Him knowing that He will carry us through. Just like the illustration of "Footsteps in the Sand".


FOOTSTEPS IN THE SAND

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along
the beach with the Lord.

Across the dark sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed
two sets of footprints in the sand,
one beloning to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the
very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life there is
only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most
you would leave me."

The Lord replied "My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffereing,
when you see only one set of footprints in the sand,
it was then that I carried you." Unknown Author




Having the knowledge that He will carry us through; is by itself a tremendous comfort when facing trying times. Therefore, words of complaints and whinings should not flow freely from our mouths for we have the assurance that things are in the Almighty's hands.

Therefore, i will continue to strive and face the trials of this world with faith that everything is going to be okay. With persistence, i will not complain. =)


Now, the GOOD NEWS:

It was a relieved to find out that i actually got a 'Conceded Pass' for my French. I don't think i wanna take my supplementary exam cuz i heard that only a limited number of units are allowed for supplementary exam throughout my whole 4 years. So, yeah.... Not that sure though, will find out more. Oh... btw, the mark was 49!!! 49!!! SOOOO annoying!!! Arrrgghhhhh!!! -.-

I'll be having a long day tomorrow. So, i think i better go get some rest.
NItezzzz........

*plumped on bed*
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz.....


2 comments:

Genieve said...

long day huh? we'll continue it afterwards.

looonger...hahahahaha

it was fun!

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]memoriesuncovered.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me show you one truth. Research points that closely 70% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.