Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Unrequited Effort

My friend, Y is going through this small tiny time in his life which is not what we would consider pleasant. Looking at him i see myself and reflected are similar past experiences.

I dare say that we all go through this situation at some point of our lives.

A time where people whom you seek acceptance from; for example friends and peers, just fail you. They fail to see you for who you are. Instead, they judge you with the little they know. We sometimes ask, "why?"

Like there's no black and white in life, there's no wrong and right. At least, in this situation, there isn't.
Which party is at fault and which is not, we can never tell.



Unrequited Effort


Reality, he hits and startles me
My heart ponders with every beat it takes
How much have i to love to be loved in return?
Why is it that the mountains i lay down
Do not bring back even a shilling's worth?


The rumblings conquering my mind
They kill the speed of light
Tormenting me with chants
Of how much i have lost
Of the big part of my heart it has cost.


I wish I had not tried
I wish I had not pried
But wishing to reverse time
Is pointless in itself
Do the serpents soar as eagles do?


By trying, i yielded more pain
As adding salt to the wound
My attempts scraped me of my pride
Scarring my innermost feelings
A living being can only take as much.


This three-part sonata will be concluded
With an ignorant pause at the end
I will let go of this bitterness
However i will try no more
But dwell in golden silence.

Esther


Be strong and never doubt who you are just because someone thinks less of you than he or she ought to.

Be Encouraged! =)



4 comments:

Lin said...

hahaha~ i spot a spelling error there! =P it should be "than" not "then"

and yeah, i do agree that at certain points of life, we do experience that...when we say we don't care about what others see us as, it's always a half lie.

sometimes i juz have to remind myself that i am created in God's image...enough said, hope u understand what i'm trying to say...lol~

;) great poem!

esther said...

thanks or spotting.. corrected it dy.. hehe!

Anonymous said...

Wow n wow n wow is all i can say haha

esther said...

heheh! Thanks Clem! =)