Friday, August 03, 2007

Of Roses & Rocks

I was talking to my friend, X yesterday...
X is going through a somewhat complicated situation with this other person Y...
We were joking around and i told X, i'll make up a poem and dedicate it to her...LOL!

Then 30mins ago i thought, hey... "why not??"
So, here it is...
It's a teeny weeny bit crappy...
i just assembled everthing that came into my mind...
I still think it's w-e-ii-rrr-d... but nvm la... Just for the fun of it!!
muahhahahaha!!

X, you didn't expect this did you....? Anyway, this is for you...hehe!=)


Of Roses and Rocks



If only i know how he feels,
If only i know what he thinks.
Here at the footstool i'll kneel;
Praying, "Help me Lord, I'm at my brink..."


At the brink of the cliff
Where pointed rocks lay beneath,
Like spears it would penetrate,
How am i to breathe?


Not knowing if these rocks may evolve
Into a cushion of thornless roses;
The centre at which butterflies revolve,
As in imaginary realisations of romantic proses.


Nothing can i do but wonder;
Wondering if rocks would break to reveal roses
Wondering if butterflies will emerge in their graceful poses
Wondering if pointed rocks would replace my proses


Sitting in my room i pray,

"Lord, help me to hang onto this cliff
Guard my heart and make it Yours
Push me over if it is Your will
For then i know, what awaits me is real."

dedicated to X my beloved friend



kk.. i think i'll go grab a 30-minute nap. We have overnight prayer meet tonight... i hope i last! =)

6 comments:

Genieve said...

i dunnoe who is X but i love the poem!

esther said...

hahhaha... thanks darlin!!! I'm sure you know X.. THINK dear...!!

Lin said...

haha...i didn't really get the poem until u've explained it to me =P see? my eng is not that good =D

Eunice said...

Love that poem!! :) Hey join allpoetry.com!! then, we can be members 2gether!! ;-) See ya theer!

Eunice said...

Love that poem!! :) Hey join allpoetry.com!! then, we can be members 2gether!! ;-) See ya theer!

esther said...

i am a member... rmbr??? =)

But then i think i'm gonna delete my account...=(