Wednesday, November 19, 2008

REVIVAL IS HERE!

Yes Yes Yes... You heard right! This BLOG is revived once again....!!!
Hopefully it'll stay alive for longer than its other past life.


Being back in Malaysia for 3 days now, I couldn't help but ponder:
"How exactly do I view this country, one that i've been raised in and growing up in for the past 20 years of my life?"

Driving around the over-vehicle-populated town of Kajang, it felt familiar. The familiarity of being stuck in a traffic jam for almost an hour when the journey should only take 15 mins; circulating the town over and over and OVER again looking for ONE friggin legal parking spot felt so FAMILIAR.

Along with familiarity comes comfort. The comfort of being in a familiar place where life once gradually unfolded and yielded the revelation of character, hope, dreams, failures, fears so on and so forth.

So i guess the 2 words are FAMILIARITY and COMFORT.
However, it seemed foreign as well to a certain extent.

This is not much in relation to personal life matters but leaning more to the society and how different public treatments are. I was left flabbergasted at many instances. I wondered, "It hasn't changed THIS much in a year has it? It's impossible". But when i think this through thoroughly, it may have been just the adaptation of one to one's environment that may have crafted an expectation for other people to act certain ways, to have certain values to view things that are acceptable to one as acceptable in their eyes as well. In this case, me having an implicit expectation.

Well, probably things or people have not changed in this short duration of time instead I might have. My expectation as well maybe?

"We desire what we expect, experiencing the unexpected is undesirable. So are we wrong to expect or are people wrong to not be able to fulfill what we expect of them?"

I've found my answer. What's yours?

No comments: