Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Birthdays

I, for one never really gave much thought to birthdays... till recently that is.
Maybe cause I'm turning 21 soon.

It is a time to celebrate one's birth into this wondrous world (though some may not deem it all that fantastic).
I never really did celebrate my past birthdays. The last cake i could recall blowing was.. I don't know 6 years ago or more...??
The last time i went out for a birthday dinner was....5 years ago? (i can't remember)
The only thing i remember the most was last years'... I ate instant noodles while watching tele ALONE.

Yes... pathetic i know. =)

Why??
I guess it's partially because i never really took mine much seriously.
And also cause my birthday is always way back in the year when it's holiday time.
I remember thinking as a child, "I never get pressies cause it's so far way back in the year and most of the time presents come combined with Christmas ones" lol!

But growing older, we all know it's not a time of presents nor gifts. It's a time to share or celebrate our birth with people close to us, to celebrate relationships and friendships built during the course of our lives.
Therefore, stepping into the realm of 21 very very soon... I wonder, who am i to celebrate it with besides family? Who are my real friends?

Being away in Australia and back in Malaysia for summer, many things and circumstances have changed. Friends are dispersed at different ends of Malaysia; some even to the extent of other countries or continents. As Peyton in OTH puts it, "people leave".

So, I guess I'm just gonna let my 21st slip away just like that. Why celebrate myself when being celebrated is the reason celebrations exist?

omg.. this is such a pathetic post.
Must be the flu and fever.
taaaaa...





5 comments:

Lin said...

awww...get well soon! =)
Well...if you don't mind, we could have a post-birthday celebration when we're back! but i know i know..then the day itself wouldn't be meaningful (one of the reasons i dun like celebrating my birthdays on other days other than the day itself) but oh well =) i'd b happy to celebrate with u!! <3

esther said...

hmm.... i guess so. =)
But it doesn't really matter... not really much of a birthday person...
as long it passes as a meaningful one..celebration or not doesn't matter. lol
thanks btw!=)

Lin said...

yeah...i've always wanted a MEANINGFUL birthday, that's y when i got 3 cakes this year, i didn't feel as happy as i should have been. i so know what u mean. =)

Unknown said...

alaa... how to have meaningful birthday when the HEXY is not there???
ahahhahaa

i noe you love me
xoxo

esther said...

to lin: at least u had 3 cakes ey...?appreciate what you've got...=) hehe.. but ya, get ur drift on the meaningful part.

to HEXY: yes yes...maxi hexy! hahah! how's stuff over there? massaged ur feet like mad???lol!