Saturday, September 01, 2007

Falling & Learning

My nickname on MSN:

"Humans are Complicated - How much more do we have to fall to learn? If learning is learning, ONE fall would be enough. But it is never enough for us, is it? At least, not for ME."


I was doing a flashback on my life just a week ago and i realised that no matter how many times i fall and tell myself i'm never going to fall for the same issue EVER again, i WILL still fall somehow..on purpose or even, accidentally. It's just ironic how we (sorry if you aren't..) okay.... I, do that all over again eventhough i know what the outcome would be.

For instance, i pray... "Lord, thank you so much for helping me in my exams. I couldn't have done it without you. i'm going to be more hardworking and not do last minute studying anymore. Then, i do it AGAIN. Then, i thank God AGAIN" ...and then it goes ON and ON and ON... I really can't imagine the greatness of God's patience and tolerance... Who in the world can "tahan" a child like that??! hehe..
But still, my point is that, no matter how many times we tell ourselves that this is the LAST stupid thing we'll do, it never IS the last and never WILL be..

Sometimes, i think that falling in itself is the JOY of being who we are and it is definitely the JOY of life. I wouldn't want to know all the RIGHT things, do all the RIGHT things and not feel the JOY in falling, learning and falling again... If we do ALL the right things ALL of the time, what would we learn other than "This is right and anything other than that is wrong"..???

Without falling, we would never feel pain..the anguish of a slash across our hearts. Then, we would never know that.."Whow, a 'knife' can actually hurt me..". A "knife" could be anything...

Without falling, there wouldn't be a scar. We wouldn't even know that a scar would appear after the wound heals. A scar resembles something that we can look back at and say, "yeah...i remember this thing happening and when i look at it again, i'll remember not to repeat what i did.."

Without falling, we would never know how it feels like to heal. The painful and confusing process and the victorious battle against the WHYs.

Without falling, we would never be who we are at the moment. And not being who we are, it is just pointless in itself, isn't it?

So, my conclusion would be that "falling" in life's context is what contributes to the best of who we are right now. Personally, i think it's great to fall and learn because it helps me understand people more. It helps me to be able to say, "I've been in your shoes and i know how you feel". I've always believed that the little things you do might mean the world to others. The little things like listening or just by being there when one is going through trying times might mean a lot more than u can imagine.

So, all the "wrong" things i've done in the past which caused me to fall are things which taught me and i don't regret them. Like what some say, "Why regret when it's done? What is done is done. Regretting would just pull you into a whirlpool of confusion". I used to be someone who goes, "I shouldn't have done that...etc." But after i came over here to Adelaide, i believe that whatever is done is done and i have no regrets because...isn't learning a lifelong act? And doesn't learning come from falling? So, no matter how many times i fall, i would be eager to learn and through learning only can i earnestly understand the similar things that others go through.

I've always wanted to help but like my mom says, "You can't satisfy everyone in the world". And it IS true.. but falling and learning opens up wider doors to knowing how others feel in certain life situations.

I've been writing non-stop and if i shouldn't go on and on cause i might bore you.... that is, if there is a "YOU" reading this. hehe =) Hope this post actually relates to u guys..

~CHEERS~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaa bored me already reading tis long wordy post... haha na jus jk ill never get bored reading ur post cuz most of them are true n inspiring. What you said bout praying after an exam thing is reli true. Tats wat I do lol n it is FUN haha. Yes n i will neva fall...... anymore.... haha

esther said...

haha!! boring huh? I know it's REALLY wordy... =) Yeah man.... the exam thing.. but it was jz an example.. was talking bout oth things in life...FUN??! hehe.. but kinda bad too.. i do it tonnes too... =)

Anonymous said...

hehe

Something I stumbled upon read this

Caller : Hello, can I speak to Annie Wan? ( anyone)
Operator : Yes, you can speak to me.

Caller: No, I want to speak to Annie Wan!

Operator: You are talking to someone! Who is this?

Caller: I'm Sam Wan (someone) And I need to talk to Annie Wan! It's urgent.

Operator: I know you are someone and you want to talk to anyone! But what's
this urgent matter about?

Caller: Well... just tell my sister Annie Wan that our brother Noel Wan ( no one ) was
involved in an accident. Noel Wan got injured and now Noel Wan is being

sent to the hospital. Right now, Avery Wan is on his way to the hospital.

Operator: Look if no one was injured and no one was sent to the hospital, then
the accident isn't an urgent matter! You may find this hilarious but I don't

have time for this!

Caller: You are so rude! Who are you?

Operator: I'm Saw Lee. (sorry)

Caller: Yes! You should be sorry. Now give me your name!!

Operator: I'm Saw Lee la. (sorry)

Anonymous said...

HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

esther said...

to clem: oh kieee... thanks anyway =)

to EL: if u are who i think u are.. whya re u laughin??! HAHA